The federal justice system is structured around a different set of laws and procedural rules, and sentencing guidelines than the state system. In many ways, federal crimes are more complicated than North Carolina crimes. They are often investigated more thoroughly before a prosecution is commenced, by investigative grand juries, federal prosecutors and agents. In addition, federal criminal cases often involve complicated legal issues and carry more harsh penalties than state crimes. Accordingly, defending federal criminal charges requires specialized knowledge of the federal criminal justice system as well as its relation to North Carolina law.
When facing criminal charges, seek professional legal guidance from an attorney who is familiar with both state and federal courts. At the law firm of Hale Law Firm, PC, in Raleigh, we possess extensive experience handling all types of criminal charges in federal courts in North Carolina.
The Stakes Are Too High To Settle For Inexperience. Call Us Today.
If you or a loved one has become the target of a federal prosecution, you need help right now. Federal cases move quickly and the consequences of a conviction can have a profound effect on your family, your future, and your freedom. Our team includes a former assistant federal defender with more than 25 years of experience defending against criminal charges in federal court. Your case is too important to settle for the wrong attorney.
Call us today to begin working on a personalized defense for your federal case.
Extensive Federal Defense Experience
Our founding attorney, Robert H. Hale Jr., is a former Assistant Federal Public Defender for the Eastern District of North Carolina. In that prestigious position, he handled a large volume of federal cases and defended a wide variety of federal crimes. Over his career, he has developed positive working relations with federal judges, U.S. attorneys, court staff, federal marshals, law enforcement and probation officers. Mr. Hale continues to devote a significant portion of his criminal practice to representing individuals and corporations charged with federal crimes.
We have handled thousands of criminal cases and more than 50 state and federal appeals. This depth of experience is a significant benefit for our clients.
We know the federal justice system inside and out. We possess intimate, long-standing knowledge of substantive and procedural federal law, as well as the federal sentencing guidelines and appellate and post-conviction process.
Comprehensive Criminal Defense
Our firm provides experienced legal guidance in all types of federal crimes, including:
- Drug offenses, including drug trafficking and conspiracy
- White collar crimes such as embezzlement, mortgage fraud and banking crimes
- Fraud and tax evasion, including mail, wire and bankruptcy fraud
- Weapons offenses, including possession of a firearm by a convicted felon or other prohibited person
- Bank robberies or Hobbs Act offenses
- Crimes under the Contraband Cigarette Trafficking Act
- Child pornography possession and distribution
What Our Clients Say
“My company was charged by federal authorities in 2004. I contacted Mr. Hale and he quickly made me feel better about my situation. I avoided incarceration and limited my financial obligations. My experience with Mr. Hale was very positive.”
Attuned To Immigration Concerns
A conviction for any type of federal offense may have a drastic impact on the immigration status of noncitizens. Our attorney understands the complex interplay between criminal law and immigration law. We regularly represent noncitizens facing criminal charges, and we work diligently to avoid and minimize the risk of negative immigration consequences for our clients.
Significant Federal Case Results
- United States v. G.D. — Client charged with federal drug trafficking. Result: Case dismissed prior to trial due to lack of evidence.
- United States v. W.B. — Client charged with four counts of retaliating against a federal witness. Result: Multiple charges dismissed at jury trial.
- United States v. C.M. — Client charged with theft of government money. Result: Client avoided federal prison and was placed on probation instead.
- In re D — Client under federal investigation for insider trading. Result: Reached civil settlement and avoided criminal charges.
Free Initial Consultation · Contact Us Today
To discuss your case with an experienced attorney during a free initial consultation, call 919-891-8995 or send us a message online. We will also travel to meet with people charged with federal crimes who are in the custody of the United States Marshals Service or the Federal Bureau of Prisons. Flexible payment options are available.